"You know what? Yeah, maybe 99 out of 100 people will disappoint you. But I don't know....I think you find the magic of the world in the margin of error." --Hart of Dixie

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday Tunes Day

Jason Reeves has a new album out! So naturally this Tuesday Tunes Day goes to him. What a champ.

This song has been out on YouTube for awhile, but Jason's new album came out today and I like the studio version much better than the live piano version (sorry Jason). For those of you wondering who this guy is, he's awesome. And if you're from the IC area and STILL wondering, you need to get a life. And you should be very, very ashamed of yourself. No but really.

Jason Reeves is fantastic. One of my favorite acoustic boys. He's been on the music scene since my highschool days (god that seems SO long ago--seriously.). He's an Iowa City boy. Home grown and all. He sings with Colbie Caillat (now I KNOW you know who that is. If not, find a cliff--jump off it.) Anyway, Jason is out on the L.A. scene now and he's kickin' a$$ and takin' names. So of course, us IC girls gotta represent. The song I picked for you today is called, "You're My Best Friend," and it goes out to........my best friend. Naturally :) There's something so special about finding that person who knows you inside and out. Better than anyone else. Someone who will always be there for you no matter how much time has passed. Someone who always holds your heart.

And now I'm going to throw in my little disclaimer for the week, because really......what would a post be if I didn't get a little teary-eyed and sentimental? :)

A Few Fantabulous Rules To Live By:

1. Don't get so caught up in yourself that you forget to appreciate the ones you love the most. The people who can come into your life and truly change it for the better are few and far between, so don't ever take them for granted.
2. Never have too much pride to say 'I'm sorry.'
3. Never get too old to giggle like a little girl.
4. Never be afraid to stand up for what (or who) you believe in.
And 5. Don't spend your life waiting for the "perfect" moment. Always remember: Time waits for no one.

And a cute little quote to sum it all up:

"Life isn't perfect. But love doesn't care."


I hope you get to spend this wonderful week with some of the ones you love the most :) Until next time......


JS

P.S. You should also check out "Nobody Else Could Be You."
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/nobody-else-could-be-you/id529730187?i=529730319



Jason Reeves--"You're My Best Friend"


Lyrics:
People wait all their lives to finally feel this way
It’s only once in a lifetime you give yourself away
‘Cause you’re my best friend
You’re my dream that came alive
You’re my reason
You’re my faith and you’re my fire
You’re my lover
You’re my angel in the night
You’re my sunrise
You’re the stars and I’m the sky
You’re my best friend
You’re my only love until the end
You’re my best friend
Words won’t say what you are so
I won’t even try
Suddenly I know I’ll love you ‘til the day I die

‘Cause you’re my best friend
You’re my dream that came alive
You’re my reason
You’re my faith and you’re my fire
You’re my lover
You’re my angel in the night
You’re my sunrise
You’re the stars and I’m the sky
You’re my best friend
You’re my only love until the end
You’re my best friend
You’re my best friend
You’re my best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment