"You know what? Yeah, maybe 99 out of 100 people will disappoint you. But I don't know....I think you find the magic of the world in the margin of error." --Hart of Dixie

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

New Tunes Tuesday (On A Wednesday!)

It's Wednesday! (Yes, I know, it's supposed to be Tuesday.) But since today is HALLOWEEN and freaky stuff always happens, I figured I could still post this week's New Tunes Tuesday and everyone would survive. Well....maybe not everyone.

This week's blog goes out to a miraculous little man I have never heard of before (and I don't really think he's little). His name is Brent Anderson, born and raised in the hills of Mississippi (does Mississippi even have hills? For today, it does.) Anyway, I found him last week on iTunes when he released his debut album titled, "8 Track." It's very fitting considering there's only 8 songs. I listened to the first one, liked it, listened to the next one, liked it, and then, well, needless to say, I bought the whole album. And you should, too! Because it's wonderful. Really.

So enough with the fluff, I know you want the tunes. Today I picked 2 of my favorite songs out of his grand total of 8 (It was a very difficult choice. Don't you dare think for one second it wasn't!). The two songs for today are called, "Jesus in Japanese'" and "Amy." "Amy" is actually taken from part of the old song, "Aime" from Pure Prairie League. And in fact, two of the original members of Pure Prairie League are actually singing background vocals on this song for Brent. Pret-ty cool, huh? You'll dig it. Trust me. Also, ya'll should listen to, "I Could Use You," and "When She's Cryin.'" I would've posted videos, but I couldn't find them :( Sadness.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween! BOO!

JS

Brent Anderson--"Jesus in Japanese"




Brent Anderson--"Amy's Song"


No comments:

Post a Comment